The ball has begun to roll forward on the 2nd edition of the X-Ways Forensics Practitioner’s Guide (XWF/2E).
The tentative table of contents (TOC) starts here. For the most part, the topics listed below are general, but the content will be updated by way of the the latest version of XWF, the newest features, and a few newer innovative uses of XWF.
- About the Authors
- About the Tech Editor
- Book Organization
- Installation and Configuration
- Case Management and Imaging
- Interface Navigation
- Refine Volume Snapshot
- Internal Hash Database
- Registry Viewer
- Searching in X-Ways Forensics
- X-Ways Forensics Reporting
- X-Ways Investigator
- X-Ways Imager
- X-Ways Forensics and Criminal Investigations
- X-Ways Forensics and Electronic Discovery
- Appendix A Cheats
- Appendix B Significant updates since XWF 1E
- Appendix C Third Party Apps
Just like the first edition, your input is welcome and encouraged! What would you like to be included in the second edition? We have a few neat sub-topics being added based on our usage and experimentation, but we’d like to hear about your unique uses as well.